How water turns into ice — with quantum accuracy .
Combining artificial intelligence and quantum mechanics, researchers at Princeton have simulated what happens at the molecular level when water freezes. The result is the most complete yet simulation of the first steps in ice “nucleation,” a process important for climate and weather modeling.
How the decline in pollinators ripples across entire ecosystems .
As pollinators like honeybees and butterflies decline worldwide, it changes the competitive playing field in favor of plants that are better at wooing pollinators.
Barton named Princeton’s assistant vice president for facilities operations .
Neuroscientist Bradley Dickerson wins McKnight Scholar Award for biological 'gyroscope' .
Bradley Dickerson is one of six neuroscientists to receive the 2022 McKnight Scholar Award.
Princeton is led by Christopher L. Eisgruber, a constitutional scholar who became our 20th president in 2013. The trustees are responsible for the overall direction of the University. Our academic officers and officers of the corporation oversee various aspects of University governance.
- 1746College of New Jersey founded in Elizabeth, New Jersey, by the Presbyterian Synod
- 1896Name officially changed to Princeton University
- 1900Graduate School established
- 1969Trustees vote to admit women undergraduates
- 2001Financial aid policy changes, replacing loans with grants that do not need to be repaid